Mojio Launches New Mechanic and Car Alarm Connected Car Apps for Android
Gauge and Cloak put both a mechanic and a car alarm in your pocket
SAN FRANCISCO and VANCOUVER – 8:00am PT, June 2, 2015 – Mojio, the leading open platform for connecting cars, today announced the availability of two new connected car apps for Mojio – Gauge and Cloak. At this time, both apps are available for Android devices. With this update, Mojio brings an authentic connected car experience to Android devices everywhere, demonstrating its commitment to making cars part of people’s everyday connected experience.
“The Internet of Things holds great promise but most people don’t know how they can experience it,” said Jay Giraud, CEO, Mojio. “With Mojio, you can now put any car’s status, health and location in the palm of your hand.”
Mojio Gauge – a virtual mechanic app for Android gives connected car drivers the power of having a car mechanic in their pocket, providing them with real-time vehicle health alerts and status updates. Gauge provides quick access to a vehicle’s overall health, as well as fuel level readings, diagnostic alerts and current location. Other features include:
- Reads the unique VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) to provide drivers with contextual information specific to their make, model, and year, such as important recall notices from the NHSTA and recommended maintenance schedules
- Runs diagnostic scans in the background and on-demand, instantly alerting drivers about car trouble and informing them of exactly what the problem is before seeing a mechanic
- Monitors battery voltage and fuel levels, providing timely notifications if either is getting low
- Provides drivers with mileage, and fuel efficiency readings
- Helps drivers plan for routine vehicle maintenance and service milestones
- Locates nearby dealers and mechanics based on a driver’s current location and vehicle make, model and year
- Keeps a record of DTC (diagnostic trouble code) faults and service history
- Coming soon: provides drivers with instant access to on-demand roadside assistance, allowing you to book and pay for nearby tow trucks, or speak directly with a nearby mechanic
- Coming soon: provides drivers with estimated repair costs for specific diagnostic trouble codes, helping to avoid any unpleasant surprises at the mechanic
For more information and to download Mojio Gauge, please visit: http://mojiogauge.com.
Mojio Cloak – a connected car alarm app for Android that immediately alerts car owners with text and audio notifications if their car is being stolen, providing owners peace of mind knowing where their car is at all times – something that is currently unavailable via traditional car alarms. Other features include:
- Single-tap activation and deactivation of the car’s alarm
- Uses the cellular connection of the Mojio 3G+GPS device to monitor a car’s exact location in real-time, whether it is parked or in motion
- Instantly alerts drivers if their car is moving, or if the ignition has been turned on, so appropriate action can be taken against a potential theft
- Helps drivers locate their car’s parking spot to make sure it’s exactly where it should be
- Coming soon: enables custom geo-fencing and provides instant notifications if a driver’s car leaves the pre-defined geo-fence zone
“Since Mojio’s launch seven months ago, we have built a community of passionate drivers who readily share their experiences and feedback with us,” said Jay Giraud, CEO, Mojio. “We know that people want their car to behave more like their smartphone, intuitively sharing information that is important and personal to them. Gauge and Cloak are new apps with richer features that provide immediate value out of the box and ongoing peace of mind for anyone who ever worries about their car’s health and status.”
For more information and to download Mojio Cloak, please visit: http://mojiocloak.com.
Both apps require the Mojio 3G+GPS device which is $149 USD ($169 in Canada), including the first year of cellular service, and connects almost any car to the Internet of Things through premium cellular networks – AT&T in the US and TELUS in Canada. Subscriptions after the first year are $4.99 USD per month ($6.99 in Canada).
For more information about Mojio and its open platform for connecting cars, or for details on purchasing the Mojio device, please visit www.moj.io
For media/investor inquiries, please contact:
Darren Roberts, VP Marketing
Tel: +1 778-987-8843
Hotwire Public Relations
Hotwire PR for Mojio
Tel: +1 415-840-2790
Founded in 2012, Mojio delivers unparalleled insights on what’s happening under the hood and behind the wheel. Apps powered by Mojio provide accurate, near real-time, contextual information to drivers and enterprises to keep them better informed on and off the road. Mojio’s open platform for connecting cars makes it easy for developers to create apps that solve problems for road warriors and businesses alike. With a plug-and-play device for the car and mobile apps for the smartphone, Mojio improves the driving experience by helping drivers to plan and record trips, share driving information with friends and family and better understand their car’s health. For the enterprise, Mojio is a fully scalable, customizable and cost-effective option for resource management that can host multiple web and smartphone based applications.
For more information, visit www.moj.io
Get in the Driver’s Seat
Jump in the Driver's Seat with Mojio and get the latest scoop on what's happening in the world of connected cars. You'll receive our newsletter and other interesting updates in your inbox.SUBSCRIBE