Mojio & Microsoft – Together At Last
Mojio, meet Windows Phone.
Mojio is excited to announce the launch of the Mojio & Microsoft Developer Contest. Mojio and Microsoft have teamed up to search for innovative developers to bring Mojio-powered Connected Car apps to the Windows Phone for the very first time. The contest is officially open and submissions will be accepted until Thursday, February 12, 2015.
Five grand prizes of a $1,000 prepaid VISA card will be awarded for the best Windows Phone apps developed in the following categories:
- Green app – an app focused primarily on reducing drivers’ carbon footprints in some way.
- Fleet app – an app focused primarily on managing a fleet of more than one vehicle more effectively.
- Business app – an app focused primarily on helping a business manage its resources (e.g. people, time, money) more effectively.
- Gamification app – an app focused primarily on gamifying driving in a safe manner (i.e. creating distracted drivers will not pass muster).
- Wildcard app – an app which has a primary function that does not fit in any of the above categories.
All app submissions must include a video demonstration of the app concept. App Demo Video submissions are due no later than 11:59PM on Thursday, February 12th, 2015.
Following the contest deadline, the panel of judges will select the Top 25 Windows Phone Connected Car Apps from all submissions. Each of the Top 25 submissions will receive a free Mojio device with one year of service and will be supported by Mojio’s development team towards getting their app finalized and submitted into the Windows Phone app store. In the final round of the contest, the Top 10 app developers will be asked to present their Windows Phone App via WebEx on Thursday, February 26, 2015. The judges will then select 1 grand prize winner from each app category.
To join the contest, and to sign up for our “Introduction to Mojio Webinar”, please visit the official contest page and fill out the application form.
For extra help: Mojio will host an “Introduction to Mojio Webinar” on Monday, January 19th at 11:00AM PST. Sign up on the official contest page.
For more information about Mojio’s Open Platform & API, you can visit Mojio University on the Mojio Developer Center. You’ll find everything you need to get your app idea started, including access to our Video Tutorials.
Get in the Driver’s Seat
Jump in the Driver's Seat with Mojio and get the latest scoop on what's happening in the world of connected cars. You'll receive our newsletter and other interesting updates in your inbox.SUBSCRIBE