Mojio wins “Best OBDII Port Connected Car Device in 2014”
Mojio’s 3G+GPS OBDII Device Voted as the Winner in the 2014 Tech CARS Awards
AUTO Connected Car News has announced the winners of the Tech CARS (Technology of Connected Autos Rated Superior) Awards for connected cars and related products or services. Winners were decided by online voting from December 12, 2014 to January 15, 2015. Nominees were chosen by industry judges and advanced computer algorithms.
In the category of Best OBDII Port Connected Car Device, Mojio received more votes than Zubie, Automatic and Dash within the voting period, and was named the winner. “Having just launched our device and mobile app in November of 2014, this award speaks to how supportive of our growing community of drivers and developers has become,” said Darren Roberts, Mojio’s VP Marketing. The awards have been dubbed the people’s choice awards for automotive technology with nine cutting edge categories. “It was exciting to see the great response on Twitter and other social media,” said AUTO Connected Car News editor Lynn Walford.
The Winners of AUTO Connected Car News’ 2014 Tech CARS Awards are:
- Best OBDII Port Connected Device in 2014 – Mojio
- Overall Best Implementation of Any New Car Tech to Make Lives Easier or Better – GM for OnStar’s 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hotspots
- Best Implementation of Connected Car Tech with Smartphones – Ford SYNC AppLink developer apps
- Best Electric Car Feature in 2014 (Co-Sponsored by Electric Car Insider) – AWD Tesla S for Dual Motor All Wheel Drive
- Edsel Yugo Award for Biggest Snafu in Connected Car Technology 2014 – Apple’s Bluetooth issues with iOS Updates 8-8.1 iPhone 6/6+ with in-car systems which garnered over 3/4 of the votes
- Best Deployment of ADAS Features in 2014 – Volvo City Safety with auto-braking
- Best CarPlay Deployment in 2014 – Pioneer NEX Systems. Including AVIC-8000NEX, AVIC-7000NEX, AVIC-6000NEX, AVIC-5000NEX, and AVIC-4000NEX (with a removable face plate makes it harder to steal
- Best Anti-Texting App – OTTER App tied with AT&T DriveMode. Because anti-texting apps are so important to driver safety, AUTO Connected CAR News’ decided to give the award to both apps
- The Best Car Tech Connected Car Trade Show, Exhibition or Symposium – Connected Car Expo at the LA Auto Show
Get in the Driver’s Seat
Jump in the Driver's Seat with Mojio and get the latest scoop on what's happening in the world of connected cars. You'll receive our newsletter and other interesting updates in your inbox.SUBSCRIBE