Mojio and Audi of America Collaborate to Keep Customers Connected
- Motion for Audi connect® has been designed and developed by Mojio to replace certain telematics-based services for Audi customers
- New Motion for Audi connect service includes a dealer-installed 4G LTE telematics device and access to the Motion for Audi connect app for iOS and Android devices
- The Motion for Audi connect solution provides a range of helpful services, including automatic crash notification and SOS emergency call, stolen vehicle locator, on-demand roadside assistance, and live vehicle trip tracking
- The collaboration with Audi is Mojio’s first as a Tier-1 automotive supplier
- Mojio’s end-to-end solution features integrated emergency services from Bosch and 4G LTE connectivity from T-Mobile
SAN JOSE, CA, December 14, 2021 — Mojio®, a leading connected mobility platform and SaaS provider, has announced its collaboration with Audi of America, Inc., to provide a dealer-installed connected vehicle solution for Audi customers. The solution was developed by Mojio alongside Audi to provide later-model customers with continued access to connected services at a time when telecommunication companies are transitioning away from 3G network technologies.
Called Motion for Audi connect, the new connected service will help Audi customers continue to use many of the telematics-based services (similar to Audi connect CARE) that they’ve come to depend on, such as automatic crash notification and SOS emergency calls, on-demand roadside assistance and stolen vehicle locator.
Motion for Audi connect customers will also receive access to a growing range of helpful app-based features, including live vehicle trip tracking; vehicle timeline with trip history, driving statistics and RoadScoreTM; nearby fuel station finder with real-time pricing; vehicle diagnostics and safety recall information; Mojio’s AI-powered predictive maintenance alerts for battery failure and air filter replacement; Audi dealer locator with tap to call; and customizable notifications for a range of vehicle health, status and security alerts.
“Audi is doing the right thing by proactively addressing the 3G network sunset, ensuring that customers can continue to benefit from connected vehicle services,” said Mojio CEO Kenny Hawk. “We’re honored to be trusted by one of the world’s leading premium automotive brands to provide an end-to-end connected mobility solution and we look forward to furthering our engagement with Audi.”
This collaboration with Audi marks a key milestone for Mojio, having grown from connected car startup to Tier-1 automotive supplier for a growing range of connected mobility products and services.
“Audi is excited to work with Mojio to keep our customers and their vehicles connected,” said Anupam Malhotra, senior director of Connected Services, Audi of America. “Mojio’s ability to deliver a connected vehicle solution, combined with their proven track record at providing highly rated user experiences, made the choice easy. We’re eager to start offering Motion for Audi connect to Audi customers in the coming weeks.”
The Motion for Audi connect solution was designed and developed by Mojio, leveraging integrated technologies and services from Bosch and T-Mobile—both of whom collaborate strategically with Mojio.
- The integrated solution combines a crash detection algorithm and eCall emergency services from Bosch with Mojio’s cloud platform and mobile apps, providing a connected experience that senses collisions, assesses severity, and then triggers the appropriate emergency response on behalf of the Audi customer.
- The OBD-II telematics device takes advantage of T-Mobile’s high-speed 4G LTE connectivity and includes support for the Extended Range 600MHz signal covering 99% of people across the United States. The LTE connectivity and cellular data services for Motion for Audi connect are provided by T-Mobile for Business.
Cellular services provided by AT&T will sunset starting January 2022. Audi customers can reach out to the Audi connect customer support team at 1-877-505-2834 to check if their vehicles are affected, or to ask additional questions. To learn more about Motion for Audi connect, please visit www.motionforaudiconnect.com.
Audi of America Communications
Sr. Specialist, Product and Technology Communications
Scalable, secure and hardware-agnostic, Mojio is the platform and SaaS provider of choice to build, launch and scale connected mobility services. Mojio’s platform and mobile apps deliver a smarter, safer and more convenient car ownership experience for the global driving community. Force by Mojio helps small businesses manage, monitor and maintain their fleets, while delighting their customers with real-time tracking feeds. With over 20 billion miles of telematics data gathered from more than a million vehicles, Mojio’s big data analytics framework uses machine learning to generate actionable insights, unlocking the next generation of revenue streams for companies throughout the automotive value chain.
Founded in 2012, Mojio counts some of the world’s biggest brands as customers, investors and partners, including Amazon, Audi, Bosch, Deutsche Telekom, Microsoft, T-Mobile and Vivint. Mojio is a career-accelerator for driven tech professionals looking to fuel the future of connected mobility. To learn more about joining our team, please visit Mojio’s careers page.
About Audi of America
At Audi of America, we believe the Future is Electric. Our U.S. model lineup will be 30 percent electrified, including fully electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids, by 2025, and globally we are committed to net CO2 neutrality by 2050. In 2020, Audi sold 186,620 vehicles in the U.S., and this year, we look forward to the next chapter in our journey to reinvent premium mobility with the arrivals of the fully electric Audi e-tron GT and Audi Q4 e-tron. Learn more about who we are and how we’re working to create a more electric, innovative, and inclusive future at audiusa.com or media.audiusa.com.